One question we get asked a lot is the above. People worldwide want to know if Amazon ship internationally, how to buy the products they are looking for and what are the import duty implications, if any?
The short answer is yes Amazon.com do deliver worldwide. Here are the details and how to out which countries they deliver to and how to find the products that can be delivered to you.
Amazon has its own international shopping website section, part of the main site, called AmazonGlobal.
How to find items on AmazonGlobal.
Follow these steps to find which products Amazon will ship to your country:
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select Mange Address Book, and enter your shipping address.
- Select this address as your Default Address.
- When searching on Amazon, apply the International Shipping Filter - Ship to Your Country.
- Once you have selected your item it will tell you if it can be shipped to your country.
- Complete your purchase and payment in the usual way.
Amazon ship to about 120 different countries around the world and offer several different shipping services and speeds. These countries include, Australia, China, India, Israel, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore and many others.
Duties and taxes.
When you buy internationally, you may have to pay import fees or duties. Amazon.com can, on your authorization, take an import fee deposit, which can be used by the carrier to pay the duties that Amazon estimate you may be eligible for. You will be refunded if the actual fees are less than the deposit taken, if the fees are more you won't be asked to pay any extra It can take up to 60 days from the shipment date.
What is Free AmazonGlobal Super Saver Shipping?
Free AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping is a service that is available for shoppers in qualifying countries. If you are in one of these countries make sure you set your default address. Free shipping thresholds are based on USD. This is how you qualify for free shipping:
- Search for eligible items, ones that are available on AmazonGlobal, and add them to your shopping cart, you will need over about $49 (it varies between countries) worth of eligible items for free international shipping.
- Proceed to checkout and select FREE AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping.
- Select Group my Items in to as few shipments as possible.
- Pay and complete your order as usual.
What is flat rate AmazonGlobal Super Saver Shipping?
This is similar to the above but is available for shoppers in countries that are not eligible for free shipping such as Costa Rica, and if you buy over $100 worth of qualifying items, you can pay a flat rate of $5 for shipping.
Do Amazon do international returns?
Yes of course, items can be returned to Amazon with 30 days of receipt using the Returns Center. Amazon have two methods involving DHL and one method where you use your own return label, postage costs can be refunded.
Amazon and package forwarders.
Amazon will ship to a US address to a freight forwarder who will forward your package on to you. This is a useful way of buying from Amazon if they don't ship to your country or the product you want is not eligible for AmazonGlobal. Amazon make it quite clear in their T&Cs that they won't be help responsible for damage done by the FF, or for duties and taxes that might need to be paid.