Worldwide shops that ship to India.
- Category: Advice
Here is our guide to international online shopping websites that offer shipping to India. Many shops from Europe, UK and USA as well as others worldwide will deliver to India, and some will do so for free or a flat delivery rate.
Will I have to pay Import Duty on my shopping shipped to India?
- Unfortunately, for most purchases, you will. Most shopping packages into India will be subject to customs duty, and the rate varies for each product type.
- Shopping packages that are labelled as bonafide gifts up to a value limit of Rs.20,000/-, imported by post, are exempt from Basic and Additional Customs duties in terms Notification No.171/93-Cus, dated 16-9- 1993 amended 1-3-2016
- There is no sales tax for imported shopping into India.
Tips for Buying from International Online Shops.
- Buy using a credit card or a 3rd party payment wallet as this will give you added purchase protection
- Look for reputable shops, do your research by reading user shopping reviews.
How Many Overseas Shops Ship to India for Free?
Many shops will deliver internationally to India, from the featured list of shop above you can see which ones are labelled as offering free shipping. Otherwise we have a fuller list of online shops with free worldwide shipping.
How Do International Retailers with Worldwide Shipping Compare with Domestic Indian Online Shops?
Some of the more popular names in Indian ecommerce offer some very attractive retail offers for people all over India. Flipkart.com is an online marketplace where buyers can shop for a wide range of sellers from third party sellers. delivery times and costs vary between sellers, Flipkart do not, as of now, ship internationally. Jabong.com ship internationally at Jabongworld.com and sell a wide rage of clothes and homeware for lots of different brands. For shoppers in India delivery is free at Jabong, although there is a fee of Rs49 for cash on delivery orders. Homeshop18.com, part of the shopping channel, is an online department store that has a varied shipping policy in terms of costs and delivery times. They make good comparisons.
Koovs is an international clothes and fashion shop that sells to the domestic market in India, aiming to be the Indian version of ASOS they manufacture and design clothes for sale on their website inspired by the global fashion scene. Koovs.com offer COD (Cash on Delivery) like many Indian retailers.
Indian Shopping Statistics.
There will be an estimated 400 million shoppers online in India by 2016 according to recent surveys. In 2013 had a population of 1.252 billion people!
Clothing and apparel are the most common thing bought cross border by consumers from India, with shopping in China, UK and the USA popular. Although because of low disposable incomes and small credit card ownership in India international shopping has not reached the levels seen in some of the more developed nations.
Indian Rupee (₹) Exchange Rates.
62 INR = 1 USD
91 INR = 1 GBP
10 INR = 1 CNY
If you are interested in overseas shopping, you can get involved with this online shopping community. Why not:
- Ask a question, or answer someone else's, in the forum.
- Join the Indian shopping email newsletter.
- Leave a comment or better still a shopping review if you have bought something from overseas.