× How can we improve? If you have any feedback or suggestions, for example you want to see more shops or more services related to international shopping, please tell us here.

TrustPilot reviews

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #614 by Nick
Nick created the topic: TrustPilot reviews
I recently received this email from a package forwarder asking to be listed in our directory, something that happens often, many shops with international shipping and forwarders ask all the time to be listed, and we review them all.

This one claims that they have hundreds of positive reviews on TrustPilot. My experience of many of these type of review sites, such as trustpilot, is that the allow website owners to post only the best reviews and stifle bad reviews, which makes their ratings skewed and biased. Users are unable to read bad and good reviews together and make unbiased and impartial decisions about using a shop or service.

We don't have nearly as many reviews listed as some of these review websites, and that is due, in part, to the fact that, I delete fake reviews and allow users to post bad and good reviews, as long as they are genuine, this means that some shops are unlikely to ask their users to post reviews here unless something is posted they don't like.

We do though allow listed shops the right of reply and the ability to comment on the reviews publicly, in order to allow the whole picture to emerge for others to base their decisions upon.

Here is a copy of the email I received:

Hello, I am one of the sales directors of Skypax.com , a UK parcel forwarding and concierge service based in the UK. Would you be so kind as to list us as a UK forwarder on your website. We have been running since 2011 and you can see hundreds of positive trustpilot reviews for our company on our website. Thank you in advance, and if you have any questions please let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds