Fake retailers and scam shopping websites

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #763 by Nick
Nick replied the topic: Fake retailers and scam shopping websites
Escalating your dispute with the seller on AliExpress has got to be worth doing though. I am sure you will get back more money than that on a refund, and you should leave feedback for other shoppers when it has finished anyway, to warn them to be careful in future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #762 by hellokitty
hellokitty replied the topic: Fake retailers and scam shopping websites
Yes I always watch sellers' feedback. Thanks.

More
3 years 6 months ago #761 by hellokitty
Now its in the process of escalating dispute. The seller warned me that I might get only 1USD refund by doing so. Funny but it may be true eh

More
3 years 6 months ago #760 by Elfinfo
Elfinfo replied the topic: Fake retailers and scam shopping websites
Aliexpress is not a scam but some of the sellers there you have to watchful and careful of. make sure you use a credit card or alipay to pay for the shopping, and check sellers feedback and be careful.

you can always ask for a refund or dispute if you have trouble.
:woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 6 months ago #759 by Nick
They should give you a refund if they did not send you the size that you ordered? Have you tried escalating the dispute, is this possible?

More
3 years 6 months ago #758 by hellokitty
Want to add another scam store on Aliexpress. The name is Fashion Brand Best Product. They sell copied Crocs!! I thought the store has Crocs on sale. I ordered shoes size 7.5 from them but got sized 9. They don't allow me to get refund. The seller is sneaky and only rejected dispute from me. So watch that. I wasted 1 month something on them.
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #757 by hellokitty
Hi all,
Came back after a while dealing with OBdesign. Now they offer me English page. This store is not scam at all but they have extra hidden cost. But I learnt that extra shipping tariff for stuff delivered to Thailand is 214 THB (6.3USD)for order not heavier than 2 kgs.

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #730 by Nick
It sounds like you should be wary of the local courier. But sending the stuff back is going to leave you more out of pocket, and without the goods, right?

Sorry I can't really help you with this one. I think you need to make the decision based on what is best for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellokitty

More
3 years 7 months ago #729 by deepak
deepak replied the topic: Fake retailers and scam shopping websites
Sounds like you are in a muddle?

It does not seem wothwhile to return the goods to me. But it is up to you.

More
3 years 7 months ago #727 by hellokitty
Dear shopper friends,
Do you think what should I do between asking for refund --this way the store (Obdesign)will charge me for the tariff the way the items sending back to Taiwan. The main problem now is that the language they use with me is all in Thai (by local courier).My Thai is not good. They should provide English speaker service for international shoppers. Another way is that I may take the risk to pay 214 THB or around 5 something USD to someone who claimed that they are working for OBdesign. By the way that local courier can't show me the invoice or any id proving that. I faced this kind of faking 5 years ago when I hired a maid in Thailand. I paid 30,000THB but no service provided. What is your idea, Nick?

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #718 by Nick
Yep sounds a bit unfair not to make it clear about the extra cost.

I hope I have helped, it is the idea of this website to help people with their international shopping.

More
3 years 7 months ago #716 by hellokitty
I don't know how to join the chat with you Nick. So I tried this link. Hope its going to you only. Thanks so much to help me with everything. Ob sent me the hidden tariff rates yesterday of my extra charge of 6 USD. This is not nice to have the hidden cost. They told me that the shipping international are costly in Taiwan. They are not scam but its really not good to be unfrank to customer. The ones you found out is not the point as I stay in downtown of Bangkok. Thanks so much for your work, Nick.

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #713 by Nick
This seems to be their shipping fees and information page in English www.obdesign.com.tw/EN/inpage.aspx?no=2349#go4

I did find this under Q8. What is the delivery charge?

2. Freight forwarding service fee may incur for Thailand orders. All additional taxes, fees and surcharges imposed by local customs are the responsibility of the customer. Customers who live outside of Bangkok will be charged a forwarding service fee as the following.
< 3kg – US $9
> 3 kg – + US $0.8 /per kg
Example: A package that weighs 4kg will be charged a forwarding fee of US $9.8 ($9+ $0.8 * 1kg)
A package that weighs 5kg will be charged a forwarding fee of US $10.6 ($9 + $0.8 * 2kg)

So it might be that you had to pay this freight forwarding charge. They should have told you this really when you purchased your goods. Does this seem like the amount you had to pay?

More
3 years 7 months ago #711 by hellokitty
The courier name is the same as Obdesign website. Its IOB Courier and its very small and non professional ones. I have been in Thailand for 12 years and never heard of this company. All I know which are well-known in Thailand: Lexpress (by www.lazada.com )--one of the biggest online stores in South East Asia, UPS, Quantum etc.

More
3 years 7 months ago #709 by hellokitty
Hi Nick,
I went back to the store as it still sending me email in Chinese (now I get the English page they contacted me --http://www.obdesign.com.tw/EN/--and I don't get it. They answered me that the problem I'm facing is the country I'am staying in (which costs extra tariff) But that is not true as I am expat in Thailand and I have shopped with so many websites. I just faced this hidden fee!!
Well I did go back to the website and it blocked me it seems as it keeps saying that I put wrong email.This happened after I told them that I might post their scamming to a shopping forum. I will try it later.

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #699 by Nick
I don't know anything about OBdesign I am afraid. It looks like an interesting website. All in Chinese, of course, which I can't speak but billions of people do!

I wonder, though, if it wasn't some dodgy courier who was trying to get extra money out of you rather than the fault of the shop?

Have you asked OBDesign about this, would be interesting to see what they say, maybe also tell the courier company?

It could be legit, but paying an extra fee without being told about it first seems wrong to me, so thanks for letting us know!

:)

More
3 years 7 months ago #698 by hellokitty
Today I came across another website which may be called scam as they have "hidden costs" such as local courier service. As I shop everyday I may say, I want to open my small store in Bangkok. This store was recommended to me by a forum-- the name is www.obdesign.com.tw/ . I went to shop at the store and ordered only 3 items of 15 USD. They charged my shipping +handling fee at around 15 USD. So I didn't think there would be hidden or extra surcharge. When the parcel arrived me, a courier company which claimed that they didn't know any contact person form that web store, asked me for a local courier service more 7 USD. I was shocked. Then thinking of this forum, so.. here I am again. Want to warn other regular online shoppers. This store sell Hello Kitty outfits and cute Korean attires. They provide English translated page for you --then when they email you, they will do it in Chinese. Please watch out. I learnt it hard way.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #681 by hellokitty
Recently I have shopped with Sammydress.com. I have faced a lot of problems such as I got the item which is not as described --I ordered a bag and the one arrived me is 2 times bigger than what I should have.

2nd one, the store always said there were back ordered and asked me to wait to 2 months to get the items. The 3rd time I ordered stuff, they said my item was out of stock and didn't refund me by Paypal.

I found this site www.sammydress.com on the search to Korean clothing online with inter'l delivery. I submit the ticket to them to refund me back. Yet as of todate they didn't do anything.

I asked Paypal to investigate and helped me. Seems I face problem of legal stuff with the store and Paypal can't help me out.

So I want to warn all of yall to watch out this store. 9.35 USD is still with :S :S them.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Nick.

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #570 by Nick
Nick created the topic: Fake retailers and scam shopping websites
If you have bought something from an overseas website or shop and it clearly was misdescribed, the photos of the product were misleading, or you were scammed, and the products you bought never even arrived, and you have been left out of pocket, then please use this forum to warn others, leave details of your experiences or a review of the fake shop.

Perhaps you bought a wedding dress from China which looks nothing like the one in the photo, or badly made jewellery or any other type of shopping purchase? You feel aggrieved and need to tell others, this is the place to do it. Knock off nightmares and damaged clothes and shopping.
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Nick.

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds