Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
International shipping, import/export questions and queries.

TOPIC: Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam??

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 5 months ago #630

• gstchoy
  • Fresh Boarder
I am thinking of buying some stuff from AliExpress.com, I know they are from China, but I don't know anything else about them.

Are they safe to use and buy from or should I steer clear, are they legitimate or a scam site?

I would really like to know. I have read some reviews and they seem safe but would like to be sure before I pay my money.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 4 months ago #631

• Nick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 83
I think the simple answer to the question you ask, is AliExpress a legit ecommerce store is Yes.

AliExpress is part of a major Chinese group called Alibaba Group, and even Yahoo.com have a stake in them. They sell many billions of dollars of goods every year.

We have a couple of reviews for international shipping at AliExpress. One is good and one not so good. This is a very small sample.

Of course, like most shops it doesn't guarantee you won't have problems, but I think on balance you should be fine to shop with them. You can always use a credit card or AliPay which does give you some buyer protection.

Which country do you wish to have your goods sent to?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gstchoy

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 4 months ago #632

• gstchoy
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your help. I can see now that it is a legitimate site and not a scam, although I will tread carefully when ordering, as I do wherever i shop online.

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 4 months ago #634

• Nick
  • Administrator
We have been asked about payment methods at AliExpress before too, so I have written some advice for shoppers who are interested. It is mainly shopers from Pakistan and India who ask this question.

Ali Express accept Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards which are available from most banks and other financial institutions.

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 4 months ago #641

• wkevink
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
If you are buying from taobao, i can suggest you to use YOYBUY, it's a taobao agent. i been using it for over 2 years. it took about 2 weeks to ship to Canada. By the time the package arrive, everything is good.

just bought a phone from them
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellokitty

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 4 months ago #642

• deepak
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
There are many Taobao agents, I think, that will deliver from China to all over the world.

Which is the best Taobao agent?

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 3 months ago #723

• hellokitty
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
To me, Aliexpress is not scam but some stores there can be sneaky when you get your stuff defective. I had an experience with 2 shops. I asked for refund from Buyer Protection Section. Aliexpress agent couldn't help me get my money back. Please read carefully of Buyer Protection details. They can't help you sort thing out if you report them after 15 days ( of delievry date).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 3 months ago #725

• Nick
  • Administrator
That is a good point. You have to act quickly if you want a refund otherwise there is nothing you can do.

I always advise shoppers to know what the return and refund policy is before purchasing just in case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hellokitty

Is AliExpress legit and safe or it it a scam?? 1 year 1 week ago #791

gstchoy wrote:
I am thinking of buying some stuff from AliExpress.com, I know they are from China, but I don't know anything else about them.

Are they safe to use and buy from or should I steer clear, are they legitimate or a scam site?

I would really like to know. I have read some reviews and they seem safe but would like to be sure before I pay my money.

Thanks!

Aliexpress is a B2C and B2B foreign trade website which belongs to Alibaba, of course it isn't a scam, I think your concern is about the quality of the products. If you just want to buy household things I suggest you take a look on Taobao, there are many alternatives for you to choose and you can take the user reviews of the products as a reference and there are many ways for you to shopping quality goods at low price.

If you are looking for wholesale products you can check aliexpress, remember to select only manufacturers instead of the foreign trade companies, which you may save lots of money.To keep your money safe, you can buy a few quantities at the beginning.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds