× International shipping, import/export questions and queries.

Shipping in Bangladesh?

More
3 years 1 week ago #643 by Nick
Nick replied the topic: Shipping in Bangladesh?
I believe that customs duty is exempt for purchases below BDT1000 for shopping and shipping to Bangladesh.

Sales tax (VAT) is payable on all amounts.

customs.gov.bd/index.jsf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #629 by Nick
Bangladesh

Package Forwarders
Many package forwarders will ship shopping from the US to Bangladesh , for example here is the MyUS.com page for Bangladesh shipping .

Shops.
Amazon Global (details) , don't specifically ship products to Bangladesh, but some individual sellers might. The same applies for the eBay Global Shipping Program (details)

So, they are worth a look and are the most popular shops for buying with international shipping.

Bangladesh Import Duty and taxes.

As far as I can make out regarding import duty for Bangladesh for online shopping. The best place to look for the harmonised tarfiff is the Bangladesh Customs . This will give you the percentage you will have to pay for each type of good you import.

The import duty is calculated using the CIF method (Cost, Insurance and Freight), which means that any import duty and taxes payable are calculated on the total value of the shipping including the cost of the imported goods, the cost of shipping, and the cost of insurance.

Any goods that have a value of less than (TK) BDT1000 are exempt from customs duty, bona-fide gifts under this value are also exempt but sales tax (VAT) will always be applied at a rate of 15%.

If the item you are buying is less than this threshold or a gift, make sure it is marked as such to avoid customs duty.

These are the most up to date figures I can find for Bangladesh. I hope they help.

Have a look through our directory of shops , and look at the ASia region which includes your country, there you will get an idea if the shop delivers to your country and roughly what the price is. Make sure you click through to the shop and read their shipping policy, we have linked to each one, to find out exactly what the costs and details are for each international shop.

I hope this helps?

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #628 by Nick
Welcome!

What sort of things do you wish to buy? I think many shops will ship to Bangladesh, and many package forwarders will do too.

Let us know more about what you want to buy and I will, and I'm sure others will, try to help as much as I can!

:)

• clearasmud
  • clearasmud's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 3 weeks ago #626 by clearasmud
clearasmud created the topic: Shipping in Bangladesh?
What is the best way to send gifts from USA to Bangladesh? Does shipping in Bangladesh even exist?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds