× International shipping, import/export questions and queries.

Forwarding from Japan

• Laura
  • Laura's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Love my kids & making gifts
More
3 years 5 months ago #599 by Laura
Laura replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Thanks! Well, when you're shopping abroad and using forwarding services you need to be ready to pay a bit more..As my uni lecturer used to say 'Good stuff costs money'. I found some reviews of Tenso and Parcl, and I also found opas.com. I'll make a report on how it goes :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #598 by gzcnkrrce
gzcnkrrce replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
My experience of Tenso for shipping shopping out of Japan is good. Their shipping costs may be a bit on the high side, but I can vouch for their service, no problems at all.

I have bought some stuff from Amazon.jp and Rakuten, the biggest etailer in Japan. Shopping that they won't deliver internationally so the forwarding service from tenso did it for me.

Never heard of Parcl sorry. Will take a look though.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #591 by IrinaParcl
IrinaParcl replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Thanks for reply, Laura! My email is irina.kuzmina@parcl.com, I'll be happy to answer all your questions!
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by IrinaParcl.

• Laura
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #590 by Laura
Laura replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Thank you! I'll have a look at Tenso, Mena. I will definitely try Parcl, I found good reviews about forwarders there. IrinaParcl, would you give me your email, so that I could send my questions directly to you? I might need your guidance. Thanks!

More
3 years 5 months ago #589 by mena89
mena89 replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
i have heard of a japan forwarder who will organize your shopping and ship it on to you called tenso.com. they also claim to have english customer support team who will be able to help you out.

i have never used them myself though!!?

:) :)

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #588 by IrinaParcl
IrinaParcl replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Hi Laura!

You may try Parcl.com, as Nick said. We have several forwarders in Japan, you may check their profiles parcl.com/forwarders/?filter=1&countryFrom=392&countryTo=&onPage=10.

I believe that Parcl would be a good solution for you, because forwarders will help with purchase and communicating with the store (yes, we have 'Purchase assistance' service), take photos of your goods, consolidate and reinforce the package, modify customs value if required, etc. So, like you've said, you can pay and relax :)

Hope it helps!
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Nick.

More
3 years 5 months ago #587 by Nick
Nick replied the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Hi Laura,

Buying from Japan is not quite as easy as buying from the USA. But there are package forwarders who will forward on any shopping you buy from Japan to your address anywhere in the world. You need to look for a concierge or personal shopper service too, if you want them to buy the stuff on your behalf.

There are extra costs for this service, but it will solve many of the problems associated with buying stuff in a language you don't understand.

We have one in the package forwarder directory that offers a Japan shopping address and is called OPAS. We've got some details here.

www.myinternationalshopping.com/usa-address/opas

Another company that posts here on the forum is called Parcl.com, they are a community of people willing to forward your shopping on to you, I don't think they do the shopping for you, and I don't know if they have people in Japan, but may be worth a look.

Which country do you want your shopping sent to, and if you don't mind me asking, what are you wishing to buy?

I hope this helps?

• Laura
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 years 5 months ago #586 by Laura
Laura created the topic: Forwarding from Japan
Hi guys!

I need help with shopping and shipping from Japan. The things that I'm trying to get are gifts for my kids (some clothes and fan merch). I don't speak Japanese and have no idea how to arrange shipping from the store. Is there any service that would handle the process, so that I could just pay and relax? I'd really appreciate your advice!!

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds