× International shipping, import/export questions and queries.

Will I have to pay import taxes?

More
4 years 4 months ago #257 by Najette
Najette replied the topic: Will I have to pay import taxes?
personally I buy things from Ebay all the time without paying any kind of tax, taxes are usually added to my bill when I buy things from amazon, Walmart, Jcpenny, etc and send them off to a US address. I believe if you buy things from Ebay for your personal usage and send them to your address, they won't charge you for any extra fees or taxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #250 by Nick
Nick replied the topic: Will I have to pay import taxes?
The answer depends upon where you are in the world and how much the items purchased are valued at.

each country has their own import duties and taxes, so you will need to look at the customs website for your country. The amount of import duty for your international shopping purchases will depend upon the value of the shopping. Most countries have a threshold that if the value is under means there will be nothing to pay, otherwise it could be anywhere from 0% up to perhaps 20%, but you need to check first to see how much you will be paid.

DHL and other shipping companies and reshippers can sort out the documentation and payment for you, so they might be able to tell you in advance. Some shops such as Amazon Global, take an import deposit to cover the estimated costs and will refund if less and you don't have to pay extra if the duties are more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapbungee

• gearpeeve
  • gearpeeve's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 years 4 months ago #248 by gearpeeve
gearpeeve created the topic: Will I have to pay import taxes?
Want to do some international shopping, got a few items I'm going to buy from a few different shopping websites.
I'm wondering about how much could I get stung for 'import tax' though. I know for example DHL will sort out customs clearance for you, but I don't want to get a hidden charge of a couple of hundred dollars being added to my bill when it gets delivered. Does anybody have any experience in this regard, please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds