× Ask a question about a freight forwarder or overseas address for your international shopping.

Package forwarding how does it work?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #947 by dark_cat
dark_cat replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
It is all very simple a package forwarder is someone who will accept a parcel for you from someone and then send it on to you if you are in a different place or country.

It is a good way of shopping from abroad. And is very popular for some people to shop US shops.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #942 by Nick
Nick replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
Consolidation and repackaging are what they say they are.

Package consolidation.
If you buy many items from different shops and have them delivered to your package forwarder, they will put them together into one parcel to send on to you.

This potentially saves you money as you are only paying for one parcel to be delivered to you rather than many.

Repackaging
Repackaging is similar but needn't involve many packages, it is simply repackaging your shopping into smaller parcels to save you money on your shipping.

I hope this helps?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #938 by Kate2001
Kate2001 replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?

Monty wrote: Can anyone explain to me what consolidation and repackaging means when it comes to parcel forwarding people?

I would like a quick understanding of these two features and why they might save me money?

thanks

:woohoo: :woohoo: :side:

It's just numbers, if you buy something worth $10 but the shipping to you costs $25 it may not be really worth it (unless the item is an absolute necessity and you can't find it anywhere else), when you buy more items each worth $10 the forwarder may consolidate these making it worthwhile for you, that's an example with numbers on how this may save you money.
Some more info here: parcel forwarding
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nick

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #937 by Monty
Monty replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
Can anyone explain to me what consolidation and repackaging means when it comes to parcel forwarding people?

I would like a quick understanding of these two features and why they might save me money?

thanks

:woohoo: :woohoo: :side:

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #936 by Nick
Make sure you check out our directory of shops that do ship internationally

www.myinternationalshopping.com/free-worldwide-shipping

We add shops when we find the best ones. There are many in the directory and you can compare their shipping costs and returns policies as well as visit them to see what they sell.

• fb_1314715648600153
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
11 months 1 week ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #891 by fb_1314715648600153
fb_1314715648600153 replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
I wish more shops would post internationally, I buy quite a few items from Europe for instance (via a local forwarding service parcel forwarding ) and I have to rely on parcel forwarding. Sometimes it's worth it but sometimes it's just an added cost especially when the item is of low value.
I think there are too many online stores which don’t ship internationally still and I'm not sure I understand why.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by fb_1314715648600153.

More
1 year 3 days ago - 11 months 4 days ago #876 by Alistair_
Alistair_ replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?

helen5 wrote: A package forwarding company helps people forward parcel and package from USA to all other countries with low shipping rates.UsGobuy

While if you need stuff from Europe try this guy sourcingitaly.com
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Nick.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #856 by Rendy
Rendy replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
You may look here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Package_forwarding
Wiki have article for every situation B)

• parcel_forwarding
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 2 months ago #842 by parcel_forwarding
parcel_forwarding replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
;) ;)
I am giving you my Experience with a Package forwarding company called potail.com

1. Shopping
Get your own US address today. Go shopping to any US shopping malls and buy something you eager to buy. After shopping, enter your US address that you have received from Potail for your shipping address.

2. Shipping
When your purchases are arrived at Potail warehouses, we will inform you immediately via WhatsApp, KakaoTalk, SMS or E-mail. After payment of Service fee at the “My Account“, delivery procedure will be started to your location.

3. Enjoy
Give a welcome to your US products at home! We offer fastest way to deliver to your location as you selected of your home or office. Tracking your package is also available at ‘My Account’ page.

Start buying from the US online malls and ship to your location with Potail’s easy and fast international shipping services. With Potail, you have a freedom to shop your favorite US brands and expedited shipping services to your home. Free membership is now available for your own US shipping address. As a member of Potail, you will have a simple and fast access to shopping and shipping with lowest prices. We guarantee best prices and services. Have a question? Feel free to contact us online or learn more about how to shop and ship globally.

More
1 year 4 months ago #799 by barginrocks
barginrocks replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?

steve01 wrote: Hi I am wondering if you can tell me how does package or freight forwarding actually work? I think I have a good idea but would like to know what the steps are if I am wanting to buy something from the USA and have it delivered to Australia.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

The following are the steps, for example you need buy something from Amazon,you need to find a forwarder company to help you ship the products.

step 1. Buy products on Amazon, fill the address of the forwarder warehouse;
step 2. Login forwarder website fill in the Amazon shipping number;
step 3. Pay for the shipping fee as well as customs fee if needed.
step 4. Receipt products.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #778 by helen5
helen5 replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
A package forwarding company helps people forward parcel and package from USA to all other countries with low shipping rates.UsGobuy
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by helen5. Reason: wrong

More
1 year 7 months ago #697 by Nick

bigdeal74 wrote: I found an awesome company called Shipville. If you go to the website, it will explain how
the whole process works. Hope this helped.

You mean you work for a company called ShipVille. If anyone has any experience of using them for package forwarding or shopping from the US please leave a review or feedback.

Thanks

More
1 year 8 months ago #690 by bigdeal74
bigdeal74 replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
I found an awesome company called Shipville. If you go to the website, it will explain how
the whole process works. Hope this helped.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #542 by Nick
Hi, I am glad you like it!

They are very easy to use but some do provide different services, so make sure you check what it is they offer and what you will actually need from a forwarder.

• steve01
  • steve01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 2 weeks ago #541 by steve01
steve01 replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
Good work, I like kit.

Thanks for the list of forwarders, I have tried a couple and will try a few more when I have some shopping to do. I really like the extra choice that I can have by shopping from overseas! Cross border shopping is what it is called and I love it!

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #539 by Nick
Hi Frank,

Thanks I believe that USGoBuy do ship to Australia, as do many other package forwarding companies that offer USA shopping addresses.

Many shops do also ship directly to Australia and other countries without the need for a reshipping service too. So you can find some in our list.

But if you find some online stores that wont deliver worldwide then a reship is a good option for you. Here is our list of package forwarders who ship to Australia .

Whatever you decide to do and whichever way you choose to sop, we wish you the best of luck!

More
2 years 3 weeks ago - 2 years 3 weeks ago #532 by frankstratton
frankstratton replied the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
Hi

Good question before using package forwarding.

You can check USGoBuy official site to find how it works as USGoBuy is one of the package forwarding company in USA, and surely it reships to Australia?

Good luck
Last Edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Nick. Reason: grammar

More
2 years 4 months ago #471 by Nick
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your question. Package forwarding, like mail forwarding, is very straight forward. It is used when you wish to buy something from a shop in another country if they don't offer international shipping, or you want to buy many things from many shops and have them all consolidated into one package to be sent to you overseas.

Here are the steps:
  • Find the product you wish to buy from a store overseas such as from the USA or UK.
  • Set up an account with your favourite package forwarder who has an address in the country you are buying from.
  • Give the package forwarder your address so they know where to reship the packages on to you.
  • Buy your shopping and use the address the forwarder gave you as the delivery address.
  • The shop will deliver your shopping to the shipping company.
  • Login to your forwarders account and manage the packages they have for you.
  • Pay the forwarder the shipping fees and any other fees for services you have used, such as package consolidation.
  • The forwarder will arrange shipping of your packages or mail.
  • Collect your forwarded packages from the address you chose.
  • Enjoy your shopping!

I hope you find this useful and helpful as a guide as to how to use a package forwarding provider.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steve01

• steve01
  • steve01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 years 4 months ago #470 by steve01
steve01 created the topic: Package forwarding how does it work?
Hi I am wondering if you can tell me how does package or freight forwarding actually work? I think I have a good idea but would like to know what the steps are if I am wanting to buy something from the USA and have it delivered to Australia.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds